Who says you can’t find good beauty products within a tight budget?
I haven’t tried using a face mask purchased at a pharmacy before; my previous face masks were from specialty stores or brands, like Sephora, Glam Glow and Skin Food. I do like to try different brands once in a while. My favorite so far is still Glam Glow Thirsty Mud.
I came across this Freeman mask at a Guardian store. The name was quite catchy with its “Golden Grain” phrase and I was surprised to see the price at only RM24. It claims to hydrate and brighten, and suitable for dry skin. I doubt that any wash-off mask can really brighten the skin progressively but I decided to give this a try.
Golden Grain Brightening Mask
- Price: RM24 / 175ml
- Available at Guardian Pharmacy stores
- No Parabens
- Contains Vitamin C
- Made in USA
- Life after opening: 36 months
- Simple, easy squeeze tube with flip-top cap
- Not ideal for hand-carry luggage as it exceeds 100ml – either check it in or transfer the amount you need into a travel container
- Very affordable at only RM24 for 175ml, that’s RM0.14 per 1ml
The Product itself
- Face gel texture, light and easy to apply
- Can be applied easily using your fingertips or with a face mask brush if you prefer
- Bright, clear color with tiny gold grains, which you won’t feel at all on the face
- Has light floral scent that I like, a bit odd considering that most of the ingredients are fruit extracts
- Right after washing off, skin feels soft, smooth and refreshed
- Hard to see brightening results but I didn’t expect it to brighten my skin just after 4 times of use
Overall, I like this product as a regular face mask to use. Not bad at all for this kind of price!
What the product packaging says:
- Glowing skin is worth its weight in gold! This illuminating gel mask with natural Golden Grain helps to lift moisture levels for a dewy-smooth look and feel. Get triple skin benefits from Vitamin C, known to help control the formation of dark spots, firm and brighten. Perfect for dry skin.
How to use:
- After cleansing, apply generously to the face and neck, avoiding contact with the eyes.
- Leave on skin for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Personal recommendation – Apply your routine skincare after washing off. Don’t skip eye cream, especially if you’re in your 30s and beyond.
- Use two times a week or as often as needed.
Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Amaranths Caudatus Seed Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Niacinamide, Allantoin, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Maranta Arundinacea Root Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Extract, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Carbomer, Panthenol, Sodium Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide.
If you want to find out more about this brand, visit